ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I continue to have trouble with the clutch staying adjusted. I get out on the road and then I can not get in and out of gear. What a pain. Any help? Thanks. Seems like I do not have stroke on the slave. Running a centerforce clutch system.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is it not dissengaging? I had this problem. It was a leak in the clutch slave cylinder. Cost me about US$10 to replace. Have you checked the fluid level in the clutch resivoir? If it keeps goin down, this is your problem. Maybe its the master cylider thats leaking too. You can buy rebuild kits for these cylinders, and machine them if their corroded inside, but for $10 why bother? I don't know what the parts scene is like in the states. It has the same cylinders as some nissan bluebird I think (do you have that model stateside? You might call it something else). If your replacing the master cylinder, youll have to remake the piston fork to fit your clutch pedal. The slave cylinder has the same bolt holes and piston stroke, which is a bonus.

Thats my opinion. Could be lots of other things though. Hope its not the diapharm spring. Thats dollars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I admit I'm no expert on the Z-cars yet. But I will say this, I have an Acura Integra that had the same problem, as what you are describing. Normally, I know a worn clutch when I see one, but when this happened to me I thought for sure it was the slave cylinder or a leak of some kind leading to it. Turned out my clutch was worn. Now I don't know what kind of driving you do but with that centerforce performance clutch I can only assume you either really like to drive or like leaving others in your dust. In any case, my first piece of advice is listen to the other guy who responded to your question. If none of his advice has checked out then my suggestion is this. Did you just installed this clutch? If so make sure everything is right, and that may include taking it all apart again and making sure the clutch disk wasn't flipped during installation. If this problem has just popped up out of the blue then, ask yourself a few questions. Is the clutch pedal hard to push in sometimes? Do you to grind your gears even though you have the clutch pedal pushed in all the way, when shifting in and out? If you answered yes to any of these then you have a major problem and the source is your clutch itself. I hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.