ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Z lovers! Question, where do I find the information that would indicate the engine number that corresponds to my chassis number? I look forward to the info and help, thank you , Mcgregor

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
The engine number of the engine your car was built with is on the data plate on the inner fender well of the right side of the engine bay. (For a 240/260/280) The engine number is on a flat on the upper right side of the engine between sparkplugs #5&6.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The engine number of the engine your car was built with is on the data plate on the inner fender well of the right side of the engine bay. (For a 240/260/280) The engine number is on a flat on the upper right side of the engine between sparkplugs #5&6.
Thanks John , my data plate is missing ?. I was inquiring if Nissan has or anyone has a chassis number list with its corresponding engine numbers. I would purchase a new plate and stamp my engine number on it. My issue is that when I purchased the Z the engine and transmission were removed from the chassis . I did get engine and transmission and I could assume that it’s the matching engine but I don’t want to recreate an engine bag ID plate that might reflect the incorrect information .

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
If you’re talking about a factory build sheet type thing like you can find on GM and Fords, I’m afraid you’re out of luck. HOWEVER you can get and idea if yours is likely correct by going to Zhome.com and going through the registers for registered owners and ORIGINAL owners. That shows a goodly number of cars with build dates and body and engine numbers. You may be able to at least come up with a reasonable guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts