Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I picked up a "project car" (AKA trashed) a while ago, and would like your collective expertize on it.

The car has an L28 block with an E30 head (internally oiled cam)
1. is the combustion chamber on the E30 head the same as the E31??? if not, does anyone know the volume??
2. can you regrind or purchase an internally oiled performance cam??
3. Is it worth putting big valves in the E30 head??

·
Registered
994 Posts
Re: E30 head info..sell it for $2500

you know you could sell it for $2500...lol...no you really cant..but there is some nut that thinks he can in the classifieds section...he has an e-30 head and is asking $2500 for it....he is insane...he can probably get about $200 shipped if he is lucky!...they are good heads...get bigger valves installed and port it and you will have a nice head!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

What about an internally oiled performance cam??

·
Registered
69 Posts

IanZ, I have a Crane Cams performance cam. They all come internally oiled and can be used with or without the 76 and earlier spray bar set up. If you want to eliminate the spraybar, just block the oil holes on the bar mating surface.

·
Registered
362 Posts
For the cam, I like the external spray bar oiler and an internally oiled cam. Just be aware that the oil pressure will fall and the flow rate will vary on the bottom-end do to the extra holes. The guy I use locally is 'Cal-Cams' in San Lorenzo, CA. He regrinds them to a ordered list of specs using a junkyard cam or the one out of your ride. Big values are always a plus, pro's are big and the con's are small. The cam performance factor is directly proportional to the miles of use you can expect. Big cam=low miles. I would not get too crazy in this area, 44mm intake and 38mm exhaust should be good for the valves and 270 duration with .485 lift would yeild a very drivable motor without stubstantial valve train wear. 'Rebello' may be able to get the raw numbers of combustion cc's your looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.