ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally decided to dyno my car it made 324rwhp 360 torqe @15psi those are pretty good numbers for the stock upper intake. My graph looked really good until about 5400-6200 there was a slow drop in HP between those number. I have a gutted upper intake I just need to weld it up. Ill probably go back to the dyno after the intake for a comparison at 15psi then ill turn it up to 25psi and try for some really good numbers Im hoping for 420rwhp may not have enough turbo though. I will also be going to the track this weekend running 20psi and race gas I just wanna run some 12.50's if not ill just have to wait until I finish the plenum. ill post my 1/4 mile time and my list of broken parts :)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
nice! is that all the mods you have? what others if not? what kind of boost controller are you using?

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
post the dyno chart. that's pretty **** cool.

The stock peak HP comes in at 5200 rpms. so after that, there is always a drop. But if you can keep it until 5400, that's pretty **** cool.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey az can you post the graph on here if I email it too you? im not sure how lol. On the graph it shows my hp peaks at 5000rpms but for some reason the dyno was having problems getting there computer to read the right rpms it showed that my cars tach was 400rpms higher than theres. I think mine is right though so thats why I say 5400rpoms.

My mods are:
-2mm copper headgaskets with O-ringed heads
-boost controller from boostvalve.com
-brc pistons 8.5:1
-twinturbo rods
-cylinder heads are stock with jwt valve springs
-jwt 555cc fuel system
-spearco intercooler
-jwt turbo t3/t4 hybrid with 3inch inlet and 2 3/8 exhaust blade
-3" inch exhaust from turbo back
-mallory hyfire ignition with 2 step limiter
-aeromotive 1:1 regulator
-85 borg warner t5 tranny
-act 6 puck clutch
-nismo lsd

·
Registered
185 Posts
I saw you had BRC Pistons in your sig, what rods are you using? With Forged Internals you better turn up the boost on that bitch youll definitly see over 450HP with the gutted plenum and 20PSI or so.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Not sure what file format you sent me, but PhotoShop hasn't got a clue what to do with it.

Try sending me a JPG file.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok az I sent it with the .jpg mabey it will work. Yeh steve I have twinturbo rods which are forged so I will be cranking it up some more with race gas:) I finally decided for now on 15psi+= 120 octane just makes me feel better. Thats a crazy mph you car is getting in the 1/4 124mph thats movin. Are you having traction problems or anything your mph is a pretty high for the ET?

Post Edited (Oct 26, 9:30pm)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks alot bigger than I could get it thanks az.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nice numbers..

What equivalent size is that turbo? Like 50mm or what?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think its like a 54mm turbocharger nothing really huge but I would like to go to like a 66mm in the future, more lag but once the boost came up it would be pretty sweet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.