ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before I show you the dyno, I gotta tell you the story. So Im driving to the dyno shop with my friend and on the freeway I feel the engine start to miss a few times. Im thinking, "hm thats wierd it was running fine last night." and I notice the car's power drop a bit and my speedo needle starts wavering. As we get off the freeway Im angrily making a list of everything thats starting to go wrong on this car when the guages just get stuck and dont move from where they were on the freeway. then the car starts missing bad. Im like, "oh ****!" and quickly turn off the radio and HVAC. I call my friend and say "I dont think we are going to make it"

....and we dont. the car dies a block away from the shop. I try the key again and all the car does is make a "clack clack clack" sound from the starter. figure out what it is yet? thats right...alternator.

So we get a booster pack from the dyno shop and I rush the SS to the shop. then my friend takes me to Autozone and we buy a alternator and take it back to the shop. While my car club is dynoing cars Im standing under my SS watching the guy try to change the alternator before the end of the day. He does (bless him) and I get to dyno. results below. Im very happy with the results. ONLY mod I have is my 2.5" K&N exhaust. had the stock airbox on. So this Z is pretty much stock. comments? questions? Video of the runs will be up soon. she sounded sweeeeeet too. I beat every car in the club. Proud :)

Post Edited (May 15, 1:46pm)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: DYNO'D my SS! Results inside!

and my car on the rack during its
emergency-finish-the-alternator-so-i-can-dyno.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

i got a video. 15mb. can anyone host it for me? Id like to show it on a few boards.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

good, then I know my car is healthy :) I was so proud. the car was the most power one there except for my friends M3 hahaah.

·
Registered
458 Posts

think my landlord would mind me puting one of those lifts in the buildings parkinglot? :p

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
video: <http://www.nomercz.com/media/z.mpg.mpg>

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking more closely at my dyno sheet...makes me have a few questions. look around 3200 rpm. on all 3 runs there shows a slight dip in power in pretty much the same place. what could this mean?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Now for your 1/4 miles times...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Now for your 1/4 mile times...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.