Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Does anybody know, would it hurt a 240Z to be driven without it's doors attached? I have to drive my half-disassembled '72 Z to a body shop for some welding work, but I'd rather leave the doors off if I can.

On the other hand, it is a unibody car, so I guess that could potentially damage it. What do you think?

Thanks !!!
-rr

·
Registered
680 Posts
Not what u think but what about the cops
and I m thinking it could make it mess some thing up and beside it cold out now

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> Not what u think but what about the cops
> and I m thinking it could make it mess some
> thing up and beside it cold out now

I think it's legal to drive in CA without doors on your car. I didn't actually read that anywhere, that's just what Pops told me. Don't you think it would be fun to drive a Z without any doors installed? Sounds like good entertainment to me!

-rr

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
> I think it's legal to drive in CA without
> doors on your car. I didn't actually read
> that anywhere, that's just what Pops told
> me. Don't you think it would be fun to drive
> a Z without any doors installed? Sounds like
> good entertainment to me!

> -rr
> .
> 
I knew someone in FLA who had a dune-Z. no doors, fenders and quarters cut out. He drove it everywhere! What a piece of crap!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The doors do not carry much of a load at all. It should be structurally safe to drive without doors installed. But,,, I would pay to have a flatbed take to the shop instead of driving around without doors - you wouldn't take your girlfriend out to dinner if she wasn't wearing her clothes. Besides, why put yourself in a potentialy unsafe position should -god forbid - you get involved in an accident. Anyway the chassis will be fine (depending on exactly what it is that is going to be welded).
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.