ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5-spd AE and recently have had some bad sounds coming from the trans/clutch. It sounds as though gears are grinding on each other but its alot faster sound. When I put it in first and start letting the clutch out it makes this noise and when I push the clutch in the noise continues for a few seconds and then slowly stops. I pulled the trans yesterday and looked at my centerforce 2 clutch and noticed that the centerforce weights were off center. Instead of being centered in the middle of the clutch they were centered up and to the left. I could move them back to the middle but I was wondering what could have caused them to be off center. Assuming that they were not moved when removing the trans, could this be related to the noise that I hear. The throwout bearing is new and the clucth is new too. I've only put 5 miles on it and everything seemed good until 2 days ago. I think the trans itself is ok, just because I was driving it a little before I had to replace the clutch and it shifted great. I am going to start taking the clutch out now but thought I might get a little feedback on what could be my problem. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.