ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone, keep Zing, .......I was wondering about the driveshaft swap when you put a L28 in the 240z's with the 5-speed tranny, are you suppose to go with the u-joints that matches the drive shaft of that year or all the u-joints the same? I hate to bother you with such a minor detail but I didn't see it on the archives.
Also do anyone knows what the gear ratio on a 81 280zx differential 2 + 2 car? Are those gears different from the coupe , and what's the ratio? Thanks for the info..............

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Hi Wes72.
If you are doing the swap to 81 5speed then be certain to get the 81 driveshaft. The 5spd shaft is unique as it has universals at both ends. Do a bit more research as well. Goodluck. shane-

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the entire drivetrain fit in the 240z? I thought that the zx was longer than the z and the drive shaft wouldn't go in there. (drive shaft that is)

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Hi Wes72.
Sorrry man but I thought you'd swaped out yoour R180 for the R200 and had relocated the mount as well. Go to the IZZC at www.Zhome and search there for more definitive answers than I can give you here. shane-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.