ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, bought this 86 red turbo GLL about 9 yrs ago for 10K with around 9k miles. (always wanted one) Done nothing to her except keep her garaged. She now has 22k miles.
Question: if it were you, would drive the crap out of it or keep it garaged and take it out when you need an ego boost ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
WOW. That's a nice thing to have. I guess it all depends upon what your financial situation is. If you don't need the money and it makes you happy to know that gem is waiting in the garage anytime you need a boost, hold onto her.

·
Registered
875 Posts
DRIVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
no kidding hybrid. My Shiro has almost 80k on it and it will never be my daily driver. Use it as a weekend warrior dude. buy a beater turbo to drive every day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input. Sometimes i just wonder if it's time to cut my loss and let it go or hang tight.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
cut your loses? what? are you hoping this Z will be worth a lot of money someday? well it probably wont. Im just saying drive it on the weekends becuase itll keep it in good condition, and I think you will be able to keep it longer. Remember, a treat is more special when it is enjoyed in moderation.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
"ok, bought this 86 red turbo GLL about 9 yrs ago for 10K with around 9k miles."

lol cmon dude didnt you even read his post?
year: 86
model: Turbo GLL
color: Red

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
keep her in the garage and drive it once in a while when it's nice out, I'm sure having put 10,000 miles on it in ten years shown you have other car/cars to drive every day :)
don't make it your daily driver, just a sundays car for Sure.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'd certainly keep it in the garage and when I got the itch...well.....you know the rest of the story. And remember what Will Rogers said years ago...."Buy land, they ain't making it anymore". Same thing goes for your Z. They're not making that year and model anymore. At least I didn't see one the last time I went to the used car factory. Make it last as long as possible. Take care of it, good luck and stay out of Florida where all the Near-deads (retirees) drive with blinders on.

Special Ops Lives

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah, old people down here drive using braille. Every time they hit a bump, it means it's time to go the other direction. hahahahahaha so true

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.