ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<HTML>I have a draw on my battery with the key off and out of switch. Where should I start looking for the problem. I will take off the negative battery lead and hook a test light to it and ground and start unhooking suggested wires till the lite go out. Any suggertions will be a great help. 1979 280ZX 2+2</HTML>

·
Registered
830 Posts
<HTML>First, make sure your doors are closed, so that the dome light is off. Check for the hood light, and there is a small light under the hood with a switch on it, with enough wire to move it around to see the motor.
Several things on you car will still draw power. Do you have an after market CD? Amp? take the fuses out and recheck. If you still have a drain, remove the fuses one by one until it stops. This will tell you which circuit has the drain.

Good Luck
Chrome</HTML>

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<HTML>I had this on both my 280ZX's.As you connect battery (doors shut, switches off etc)
listen to relays for a click .Both mine had faulty light switches.</HTML>

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check your Glovebox light/switch

<HTML>It was the glovebox switch that wasn't quite working right that left the light on all the time so in about 3 days -no battery power! It took me a while to find that one. It's like "How do you know if the refrigerator light goes off when the door is closed?" </HTML>

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<HTML>Where are these relays you mention are they all under the hood ?</HTML>

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<HTML>You dont have to take apart wires, just take out one by one a fuse. Until there is no draw. Keep it simple would be easier said than done but be confident that you will find that draw.

Until then keep the battery unhooked.
</HTML>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.