ZCar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
1983 280ZX Turbo
2,459 Posts
Is it the doors against the body, or the window mechanisms inside the doors.?

I've never heard a 240-260-280 or 280ZX that didn't have rattling window mechanisms when a door was closed.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I do have some acoustic mat adhered to the inner skin of my doors, but I have not heard any rattling from the internal mechanisms. I have previously performed a "light" rebuild of the mechanisms to make sure everything was lubricated appropriately. Agree the above, look for slop and correct it.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
is the gasket around the door opening in good shape? how about the window belt molding and the inside felt strip? Is the sound from the door in the opening or the window in the door? there are a lot of wear items all around the window including the felts in the channels that guide it. If the rubber wipers on the window are old they are prob hard as a rock and allowing the window to shake. This would be more noticable with the window rolled down. As others have mentioned there is a rubber roller inside the door that hangs off the pinch weld, can fall off when servicing the window, ends up on the inside bottom of the door. It just clips on that pinch weld.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts