ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at some z's for purchase. I don't remember on my 78 that the doors where hard to shut like the cars I,m looking at are. These cars have been restored and have new weather stripping on the doors. What company's make seals that are more like the orginals? Can you still buy OEM? Is there anything that can be done to the seals that are already installed, so the doors don't have to be slammed? Or is this a door adjustment problem? Thanks !!!

· Registered
1,786 Posts
I have heard about this problem with the kit from Victoria Britsh being too thick.
Others I don't know. OEM is, as far as I know, still available albeit a bit pricey.
Enno

· Registered
31 Posts
I agree abouth the Victoria Brittish seals. I purchased an entire kit, and the door ones are the worst. There is really no way I can get my doors to shut, so I am modifying them. VB does not take them back if you purchase them within a "kit". FYI.

· Registered
1,544 Posts
czgo2,

OEM door seals should still be avalible, and OEM always is good quality from Nissan, but not always the cheapest.

At <a href=www.StrictlyZ.com>, we sell a 19 piece weatherstrip kit(70-78) for on special soon for $225, and it really is a nice kit. I'm assuming you are reffering to a 240Z door being hard to close? If thats the case the 240Z door seals sold are not the correct ones, and are too fat,making it hard to close the door properly. In our kit we sell the correct seal for the early Z's should the door should be closed properly.

The other problem since you mentioned restored cars, the doors might have been taken off to get painted? Usually if they are not adjusted properly when put back on, this would be another problem for closing the door.

Zya!
Yuichi
StrictlyZ.com
ZDriver.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.