ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to restore the silver(plastic chrome) strip on the inside door panels? both my 71 and 76 are close to having all blue stripes because the strip has been rubbed off.
thanks for any help
andy

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>New ones are EXPENSIVE....</b>

I just looked in my brand new motorsports catalog and saw the price for a 70-73 black door panel is well over $140 bones....and they only had the left one listed, right side was not available. So now I have a better understanding of what your facing. I was just at the junkyard and didn't have much luck in seeing any good door panels either... but they only had one 72 there and one 74, that was built in 11/73.

Mine are showing the same blueing... but outside of keeping on top of the junkyard scene... and quickly getting the good stuff as it comes in. I don't have a good answer. Sorry

Dennis

·
Registered
345 Posts
Paint 'em

I had one of the four chrome strips worn on my Z. I tried using chrome pinstriping tape (1/4" fits perfect) but the glue does not stick well - even with surface prep. You could use it with a better glue. I bought some of the chrome bumper paint (close to chrome but no cigar) and painted it with a small brush. It actually looks pretty good and unless you are looking for it, it's not noticable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.