ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dirver side door lock is broken. i can turn my key to either clockwise or count-clockwise but it won't work.
what should i do? replace whole door lock key?
please give me advices.....

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
your problem may be with the linkages inside the door, there is a plastic holder that secures the metal linkage to the door lock cylinder. That plastic ages and can crack and break off, then the metal linkage can come loose, allowing the cyl just to turn loose.

To really tell you need to take the door panel off and see. Its likely that its something very simple that requires a little time to fix. This is a good DIY project, but in your case I think it would be a steep learning curve.

Remember just because you dont know how to turn a screwdriver doesnt mean you cant learn. I think most of us here learned what we know by doing, not by being taught.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yea.... this thing sucks so freakin much. Ive tried everything from super-duper glue to wrapping it in thin metal. You are going to have to buy a whole new door handle to fix it unless you can find a z in a junkyard. one of the many things that nissan screwed up on.... or didnt realize the z32s would be around this long...

·
Registered
673 Posts
dang, that sounds super annoying... (prays i never have the same problem)

·
Registered
340 Posts
eventually you will... the **** thing is plastic. Imagine how many times and how much pressure you use to unlock your doors... eventually it will go. Im suprised no one makes these.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you get that part and fix it, yourrid?
please tell me...where did you get that part? z1 motorsports? or where?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I picked one up from Z1 when I was there picking up a tranny. I dont think these plastic parts are made anymore. Z1 has some used ones from the parts cars in their lot. It was like $30 for the thing but was well worth it now that I can use the key to unlock the doors again.

'93 2+2 Ultra Red TT'd
'90 2+2 Black
'93 2+2 Black Sold
'90 2+2 Cherry Red all parted out

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mine is still broken... idk what to do about it... ill try Z1 and see if they still have any. Ive tried everything, even went to a junkyard with atleast 30 junked Z32s but coudlnt get one. the [email protected] wanted to sell me the whole door handle for like 150....

im still looking for a solution to my nightmare :/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.