ZCar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’ve got a 1987 300ZX and I noticed ever since I bought it the interior courtesy lights on the door will not turn on. I’ve tested for power and I get nothing and the bulbs are good. All fuses are good. Under dash courtesy lights do turn on when the door opens. Neither drivers side or passenger side works. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
You're going to have to refer the Z31 FSM for this.... seems like an underlying issue somewhere in the electrical system. Did you inspect the harness plug connection where the bulb goes for corrosion?

Bon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're going to have to refer the Z31 FSM for this.... seems like an underlying issue somewhere in the electrical system. Did you inspect the harness plug connection where the bulb goes for corrosion?

Bon
Plug is in good condition. I messed with it some more today and I found that I get a constant 12 volts to the light but there is no ground. If I make my own ground the bulb will light up. I’m almost wondering if it’s the Time control unit is just not supplying a ground, It appears to be a common failure point, but all the other lights such as the dome light and under dash lights work, which I believe are controlled by that same module, so kind of odd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts