ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered this steering rack boots from some car parts place on the internet right and quess what the them boots don't fit they are too small so I said OK I'll just send them back and order them from some other place and guess what again they are the exact same size. After an hour of trying to get them to go in I said to **** with this s**t and gave up. to make it better while I was under the car I notice that the two bolts that hold the transmission to the engine with those two big bracket right at the bottom are not there. The previews owner had told me the transmission had been rebuild. I take off the bracket and there in no place to put the bolts in the transmission. there are holes but not in the same palace as the bracket is there another type of bracket that would fit?. Would this cause the transmission to rotate if I can't put bolts there. also were can I get the right bellows. I call the dealer and they cost $52 dollars each maight as well replace the whole rack for $200 dollars.

I try to fix one thing and fine some thing else needs to be fix too.
I hate this S*** specialy when the car just sits there on stands just beging to be driven.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
The trans brackets aren't really a big deal, none of the early cars had them at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.