ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinkin about how much of a pain it is to get all the brake dust out of my z wheels.
is it possible to take em off, clean the wheels SUPER good and then shoot them with clear coat so that theyre smoother and wont attract, and lock in as much brake dust? give me your thoughts. i think they might look cool too!

these are the wheels- I know they're on backwards...

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Just keep wax on them and clean them fairly regularly, it will keep them shiny.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do you think that spray painting them clear would work? i guess that is what i'm asking

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but the clear will seep into the roughness and seal up alot of the holes/crevises. they would still get just as dirty but they would clean easier. wouldn't they?

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
paint calipers is the only thing i can add here.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
if you wax your wheels like zlover said, the dust won't adhere near as much, and a simple spray of water usually returns them to shiny.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
my calipers are clear coated - dust still clings to them, but it is easier to clean. I would wax the wheels and thats it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
on the topic then, anyone know of good, dust free pads? i've never seen any pads get as dusty as fast as these. any recomendations?

·
Registered
340 Posts
POZTERBOY, where do u live? My dad actually invented a product called Rim-Ice which reduces brake dust. Check out www.rim-ice.com

it makes your rims extremely slick so the brake dust can get stuck in the grooves of you rims.

·
Registered
206 Posts
deal with it. it's a part of normal everyday driving. your body paint has clear coat and it still gets dirty, same as the wheels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.