ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you have had problems with a short in your dome light i would appreciate you tell me where it was shorted so i might find my short.....or even begin to look

·
Registered
358 Posts
> if you have had problems with a short in
> your dome light i would appreciate you tell
> me where it was shorted so i might find my
> short.....or even begin to look

I've only had my car a few months but mine has never worked (ok, you caught me, I haven't checked the bulb!). Should it come on when you open the door? Mine doesn't really push in to click it on, or should there be a little switch? Just curious how it should work. Would be nice to have a little light in there.
Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
972 Posts
It should come on when either door is open or if you turn it on(push it in...click.) Power is supplied on the same circuit as the map light and cigarette lighter. The door pin switches are known to rust, but if that were to problem you would still be able to turn it on manually. When I bought my Z it took me a while to find the problem. It was a main wiring harness plug located under the passenger seat. I guess over the years the stress on the wires caused the pins to pull apart slightly. One thing to note as your probing around, power is applied constantly to the light, then the two signals(Manual On, and Door Open) are pulled to ground to turn the light ON. If you don't even have power at the bulb start by checking all the connectors between it and the fuse box.

> I've only had my car a few months but mine
> has never worked (ok, you caught me, I
> haven't checked the bulb!). Should it come
> on when you open the door? Mine doesn't
> really push in to click it on, or should
> there be a little switch? Just curious how
> it should work. Would be nice to have a
> little light in there.
> Thanks
> Anthony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status