ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
107,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
arggghh!!!! went to adjust my valves,,,,when i pulled off the valve cover i really messed up. i left the bolts in loose after making sure they were'nt grabbing threads anymore, then lifted it up, and,,,not wanting to drip oil on everything, I TURNED IT UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!! oops. i just stood there for a minute with the hot valve cover in my hands, thinking "did i really just do that?" after a little searching, i found 7 of em. i'm kinda worried that one of em might have fallen down in there where the timing chain is. grrrrr.....i hate it when i do stupid crap like that.

· Registered
745 Posts
That sucks. Really sounds like something I would do. I've got to be the world worst at making a short project into a week long one. Have you tried to put one of those magnets one the end of a twisty thing.

Cody 82 ZXT

· Registered
107,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if i did the magnet thing, it would want to stick to everything around it,,,timing chain, pulleys, everything, i can't see it, i looked. and the motor turns fine, the bolt is'nt jammed between the chain and anything.

· Registered
651 Posts
It could be caught in the cutout for the access panel in the front. You better check there. At least you can reach it, and if it is there and falls it's sure to go right into the chain.
When I took the head off my spare engine guess where both of the front head bolt washers went? Right down the hole! But I found them both in that access hole, stuck in the oil. What's it for anyways?
SoM

· Registered
596 Posts
Been there done that...If it fell in to the cover...and you cant find it with a magnet or see it...It probably went on into the pan...don't sweat it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.