ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedometer works about 5% of the time. Of the 3 (used) speed sensors I have, each one gives the same result. Based on this I'm assuming it's typical of these to be bad with their age. Trying to get an idea of how many of yours work. If most of you have a working speedometer, I may have a unique/fixable issue.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
My speedometer works about 5% of the time. Of the 3 (used) speed sensors I have, each one gives the same result. Based on this I'm assuming it's typical of these to be bad with their age. Trying to get an idea of how many of yours work. If most of you have a working speedometer, I may have a unique/fixable issue.
your digital dash might be showing signs of going out. when my speedo stopped working, i got a used unit from 300zxpartsforyou.com and its worked ever since.
perhaps in your case you've got some finicky soder joints back there that could be causing the issue.

Bon

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
When your speedo stopped working, was it showing 0 mph?
yup. it would just sit there. when i changed out the sensor, it started showing the speed again.
what about yours?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Wait, the unit you got from 300zxpartsforyou.com was a speed sensor or a digital dash?
it was the speed sensor. cleaned and tested by SteveB. Worked like a charm.

Bon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts