ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is My Car Covered??? My 280Z injectors were leaking around the seams so I replaced them... Then I found this TSB. I know it stated VG30E in the TSB, but aren't the injectors similar? Steve G

The service campaign by Nissan is to repair all vehicles equipped with the VG30E(T) engine with port injection only. The problem is that as the car ages, the injectors devolop leaks around the seams where they are pressed together. The engine eventually burns. To register your car, call Nissan's 1-800 number (1-800-647-7261) and they will want you VIN # and your name, address, etc... Nissan will replace the injectors, fuel rail, and a bunch of various other things. Don't wait for them though, just take your car to a dealer and they'll do the work. Nissan will pay you back if you've already done the work, ask your dealer for details. You should always carry a fire extinguisher in any Nissan equipped with this engine. All 300ZX's are covered, the V6 200SX's, lots of Maximas, and some trucks.

The leaking is due to a manufacturing process, and is NOT FROM ANY TYPE OF NEW GASOLINE The only new gas out there is in very smoggy metropolitan areas such as LA. The gas is simply oxygenated to reduce smog. There have been no serious problems with oxygenated gasoline anywhere in any type of car. The worst reports claim that it reduces gas mileage a bit. Nissan says the problem is with newer types of gas, but then wouldn't you say that instead of saying we chose a shitty way to manufacture our injectors?

Lawsuit status:

There are currently no class-action lawsuits in the US

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.