ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lights for the front bumper for a 83 280zx...i seen a pair on a car in a parking garage....it looks better then the orange stock ones...anyone know?
kvn

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Re: Does anyone know where they sell clear signal.

> lights for the front bumper for a 83
> 280zx...i seen a pair on a car in a parking
> garage....it looks better then the orange
> stock ones...anyone know?
> kvn

just bleach em;) , is there any law against those? clear in front? or any other colors?
i live in cali where there are too many laws:)
thanks
soul

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

> just bleach em;) , is there any law against
> those? clear in front? or any other colors?
> i live in cali where there are too many
> laws:)
> thanks
> soul
wow i live in cali too...im in the bay area..well i don't think u can get pull over for having clear front lights but my friends get pulled over for having red or blue lights in the front and clear back lights...they all own hondas and acuras..im the only one that has a z....r u for real about bleaching? i was thinking of trying to go to tap plastics and asking them to make me some...where u from?

·
Registered
650 Posts

> just bleach em;) , is there any law against
> those? clear in front? or any other colors?
> i live in cali where there are too many
> laws:)
> thanks
> soul

actually im up here in san francisco, and im constantly hearing those honda racers complaining about tickets for the clear lights and the ion blue H4's. its actually more of a fix it ticket that a violation, but still a pain in the butt either way it goes.

-ed

·
Registered
650 Posts

> wow i live in cali too...im in the bay
> area..well i don't think u can get pull over
> for having clear front lights but my friends
> get pulled over for having red or blue
> lights in the front and clear back
> lights...they all own hondas and acuras..im
> the only one that has a z....r u for real
> about bleaching? i was thinking of trying to
> go to tap plastics and asking them to make
> me some...where u from?

hey kvn,
im in the bay area too (san francisco) and everyone i know either drives a honda or an rx7. maybe we can get together some time and teach these guys a lesson. =) latez

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

how would you go about bleaching them and where can you get orange and red lights or covers like they used on the interior for the orange lights?
i know some kid that used screen from a door for the rear lights and its dumb as **** and i like the clear looks and it would be great to piss his honda driving ass off. hehe he also thinks he can beat me with a 3 year old 300thou. mile old racing honda. what a dork. thanks

will
come.to/izcar

·
Registered
972 Posts
Rantings about colored lights.

Come on people, don't go down to that level. Those clear lights look stupid. If the new Blinky Third Brake light wasn't enough, now you want to go changing the standard color pattern. And don't even get me started with Daytime Running Lights, those idiots forget to turn their lights on at night because they can already see the road....then I come up from behind and almost pack their ass in. **** people piss me off, how about fixing your brake lights while your putting that pink neon underneath! Idiots driving with one headlight working and it's pointed at the sky, you'd think they were spotlights at a grand opening somewhere. Then they put those blue 120 Watt H4's in with stock wiring and put tinted headlight covers over them to make it look kewl. That's why I don't carry a gun in my car...I'd always be running out of ammo.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

i don't think you can bleach them. there formed with the clear orange color and its all the way threw not just like a paint on the inside. i dunno reply if it is true.

come.to/izcar - indiana z car

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

> lights for the front bumper for a 83
> 280zx...i seen a pair on a car in a parking
> garage....it looks better then the orange
> stock ones...anyone know?
> kvn
In most states having clear lights pointing to the rear are illegal, except for your licence plate light, and those plastic covers for your licence plates are illegal in CA. And any color other than red or amber is normally frowned on by the local authorities.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Preach on brother man

But, if those people didn't give clear lenses such a bad reputation I think they could be used effectively on the proper car. You can't just throw em on any Honda or what have you, they have to be correctly styled. But I would only use them if I had a white or silver car. any other color car would negate the affect of having clear lenses. And this is where the rice boys go wrong. Instead of having a sublime, subdued effect, they go and make everything stand out. it just looks stupid that way.

> Come on people, don't go down to that level.
> Those clear lights look stupid. If the new
> Blinky Third Brake light wasn't enough, now
> you want to go changing the standard color
> pattern. And don't even get me started with
> Daytime Running Lights, those idiots forget
> to turn their lights on at night because
> they can already see the road....then I come
> up from behind and almost pack their ass in.
> **** people piss me off, how about fixing
> your brake lights while your putting that
> pink neon underneath! Idiots driving with
> one headlight working and it's pointed at
> the sky, you'd think they were spotlights at
> a grand opening somewhere. Then they put
> those blue 120 Watt H4's in with stock
> wiring and put tinted headlight covers over
> them to make it look kewl.
> That's why I don't carry a gun in my
> car...I'd always be running out of ammo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.