ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a 2.4 4cyl..and I am having problems when I go to start it, The head lights work and the radio turns on.. But nothing else happenes. The starter doesnt turn and the either does the fly wheel. So I was wondering if anyone might know what is going on before I go and tear down the starter maybe theres something else that It might be that I should try doing first?

·
Registered
353 Posts
i was having a similar problem , everything would turn on but when i would try to start it everything would just turn off and nothing happened , came out to be a dirty ground on the battery , there was somuch sulfur it didnt have enought juice to turn over,maybe that would help .

also the starter turns the flywheel inturn moviung the pistons up and down ,so if the starter doiesnt move the flywheel never will.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yeah it sounds like a battery problem.

·
Registered
559 Posts
the battery and headlights dont take alot of voltage to operate...clean the post connections on the batter, and the grounding point on the firewall in the rear left corner of the engine bay (if its dirty)..if this doesnt help go to checkers and have them run a battery test on the battery, and they can give the test results..if these things fail then let us know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.