ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car back from the shop today with a new steering rack and some welding done, and may I say, the car drives like a dream now. No thudding or having to hold the steering wheel at a 30 degree angle. Then to my dismay I look under to see my nice shiny rack and pinion and I see green fluid comming out of my rad.... i cussed for about 20 min since she already costed me 400$ today. To my luck in my garage i had a bottle of un-used radiator leak sealant and it did the job very nicely. so I don't have to spend an extra 200$ on a new radiator, and I can spend it on the new tires i so desperatly need.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
thats the worse thing you can put in your car!! you shouldn't be proud of that stupid move, that sh*t can screw up your day if it plugs something inthere other that the hole that was leaking.

·
Registered
540 Posts
in a pinch u can use it but i suggest that when u have some time to remove the fuild and run h2o in the car to find the leak and fix it correctly

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, what's the % chance of it doing that? and the exact stuff i used was Motomaster leak sealant (had the radiator sign on the bottle)

·
Registered
782 Posts
If seen this guy put pepper in his radiator and actually watched a leak stop I couldnt beleive it, and on myth busters they broke an egg and put it in a radiator that they poked a hole in and the egg actually stopped the leak. Then shortly after they poured bleach in the oil and it pretty much locked the engine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
noticed a leak going on from the heater core back in december, put stop leak in it, cleared up, then new years eve the core more or less exploded

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guy's this is what I plan to do, i will go out to the junk yard (same one i bought my steering rack) and pick up a radiator and then preform a good flush on the entire system.

Post Edited (Aug 4, 5:38pm)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
your forgetting i'm in canada, maybe in the states yes, but here the cheapest one I got was 250$ and 240$ for a recore

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.