ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was at a a friend of mine shop who owns a lift, when i first got my 300zx he went over it with me, we both agreed that i should put in new steering rack and tie rods... now the time has come and i got the money for it. when lookin at it (i crawled up under my car today) i noticed that the steering rack was right up under the tranny.. will i have to it up a little to sliide out the ond on then slide in the new one? the reason im askin this is to kno how long it will take me and how early i should come in and do it, as im doin the work myself but on his lift. thanks

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: do i need to lift the transmition to put in the steering rac

ok tahnks, sorry bout taht i knew it was under somethin.. it was a whiler ago

·
Registered
32 Posts

i replaced mine the other day. but my engine is taken out.....looks hard though if it was still in there.

·
Registered
131 Posts

why are you putting in a whole steering rack, you should be able to find and buy at any good parts place the guts to the original steering rack and all you have to do is loosen some nuts. And of course undue the steering coupling to the wheels.....and its a lot cheaper to replace the boots and guts than the whole thing and less work.

I got mine through Victoria British in Kansas city..www.victoriabritish.com

page 86 and 87 of their catalog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.