ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do boost gauges only show boost at wot or am i just retarded and somehow hooked it up wrong?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
do boost guages show boost? um yeh... like the psi ur running on ur turbo

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you a tard i asked if they only shows boost at WOT because thats the only time mine dose

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i installed one in my 86t today and it just kinda bugged me that it only shows boost at wot because i can just be crusing and can hear the turbo start spooling but the gauge still shows vaccume unless i open the throttel all the way kinda gay but o well

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
If the boost gauge is out of adjustment it would not pick up the lower boost level, but when you nailed it the higher boost would cause a reaction , actually showing less boost then your really producing, On my 82 theres a boost adjustment above the glovebox, turn key to on and adjust it to top middle of gauge, if you turn the key to on and it reads on the left side of top middle then you would not see boost at lower boost levels.

·
Registered
154 Posts
yea that is how it works. and dont think vacume is bad. it is just not boost

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
do boost gauges only show boost at wot...
no
or am i just retarded and somehow hooked it up wrong?
maybe

The turbo isn't always "on" even though it is sort of ;)
If you're cruising then yeah you would kinda need to nail it to build boost.
Read this

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so if i was just crusing at 4000 in 2nd and it is not sowing boost do i have it hooked up wrong do i need to pick a diff vaccume sorce or is that just how this pitcular gauge works? seeing as its not $9876549869 autometer

also at idel im showing about 29 30 of vaccume isnt that a touch high? what dose this mean?

·
Registered
154 Posts
yea that is a lot of vacume and at 4000 in 2nd sould be arond 6/7, there is a good boost line that gos all the way acrossed the motor form the top left of the plentum to right under the coil for the ingnition.

·
Registered
248 Posts
something is wrong...I run 14psi, and when I am only half on the gas with some load on the engine it shows 5psi or whatever

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
you are slightly incorrect...

a few corrections - you can modulate the boost via the throttle, behind the throttle plate the boost is much higher then after in the plenum where the boost gauge signal is from. If you notice when you boost WOT after modulating boost via the throttle it is almost insantaneous. This is becuase there is basically full boost before the throttle plate. In the stock setup the wastegate is controlled before the throttle body.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.