ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, at some point in my recovery I'll be able to start driving. Now that my motorcycle is a crumpled piece of metal in a scrap yard I need a new vehicle. For obvious reason I'm taking a break from 2 wheels for a little while. I'm looking for a fun car to drive, something with some pep and handling. That said, I love the look of the 370Z but I'm starting to hear bad things like loud noise in the cabin and that the car struggles at full throttle.
Can any of you provide some insight into some of these claims?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a 2011 for about 18 months in 2014 or so. It was an automatic. It was a "touring model" or whatever they callled it with the staggered larger wheel/tire combo.

It was fast, handled good, rode ok (kind of "choppy"), and was extremely noisy, even after switching the tires to Michelin Pilot A/S. There was NO lining or sound deadening in the rear fenders. My wife refused to go on any road trips in it, and I really can't say that I blame her. And I found the front rotors are prone to warping as there is limited air flow to keep them cool, and I it was hard to get comfortable for long periods in the seat at 6'3" and 210 pounds. I was constantly fiddling with the adjustments.

I traded it for a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport with no regrets.

We currently own a 71 240Z and 95 300ZX TT, and a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, 2019 Mercedes SL450, 2020 Genesis G90 and 2016 Hyundai Equus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts