ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard this before and wanted to know from those who've driven both if that's true or just wishful thinking....

·
Registered
59 Posts
not quite!

g`day,
i`ve had my 510 for about 5yrs and bought a `77 260z 2+2 earlier this year, i was wondering how weird the Z was gunna feel after driving the 510 for so long but i was actually quite surprised at how it pretty much felt the same. after about 30mins it felt like id been driving it for ages.
My Z has stock suspension but my 510 was lowered a bit with some camber/castor mods but nothin real flash.
stock vs. stock the Z handles a fair bit better but with some basic mods the 510s really do feel like they`re on rails, i`ve had mates comment on that a lot actually.
theres a right hand corner here that i can take at about 80mph in my 510 but in the Z best i can do is about 65-70mph. the Z does seem to feel better when sliding tho :)
At speed, like 100mph, my 510 feels a lot better/safer than my Z does. even at 130mph the 510 feels really good on the road.
id say if you spent the same on both cars suspension setups they would handle pretty much as good as each other. i think the Zs might have a bit better rear end setup tho.
one thing i really like better about the Z is the location of the handbrake :)
Later
Paddy
`70 510 4dr 1.8l turbo (FIVE-10)
`77 260z 2+2 auto a/c stock cept for 350holley :(
STH AUS

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Re: not quite!

Thats a cool set up on that little 510 motor, I always wondered how carbed turbos where set up. Is one carb enough to keep it from running lean?

Justin T

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: not quite!

g`day,
yeah the single carb seems to work quite well, it actually runs a tad rich.
i got about a 30% increase in power and get about 50mile extra per tank compared to the twin webers and hot cam setup i was running before, not to mention how much quieter it is now, i used to have to wear earplugs on long trips with the webers.
gotta love the old Lseries motors hey :)
Later
Paddy

·
Registered
241 Posts
I like your turbo setup!

I had been wondering if anyone had done a draw through setup on an L28?? That would be cool. Have you ever seen it?

Dylan
Calgary, Alberta

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.