ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, brand new to these forums. I had a quick question about carpeting in the 280z. I have a 1976 280z and I've just ordered a carpet kit for it. But is there any difference between the 280z carpeting and the 280z 2+2? If someone knows and can help me out, that would be perfect while I still have time to cancel my order.

Thank You!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hello there, brand new to these forums. I had a quick question about carpeting in the 280z. I have a 1976 280z and I've just ordered a carpet kit for it. But is there any difference between the 280z carpeting and the 280z 2+2? If someone knows and can help me out, that would be perfect while I still have time to cancel my order.

Thank You!
Yes, there is a difference as the 2+2 is a longer car. Motorsport has carpet kits for both, search on this page: Motorsport! Sewn-Molded Carpet Kits - The Z Store, Nissan-Datsun 240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-300ZX(Z31/Z32)-350Z-370Z Parts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The front carpet piece is the same on both models but everything behind (or after) the front seat is different between the 2 models. For the 76, you're much better off getting a sectional kit if you have a coupe. That's the last year you can get the sectional style of kit and there is almost zero cutting to fit it in. If you get the sewn molded or heat molded kit you've got a bunch of cutting to do and the end result isn't quite as good. For the 2+2 you have to get the sewn molded. Your mentioned both models, but you failed to let us know which model you have vs. which model of carpet you ordered vs. which model of z you have. I have good prices on carpet, especially for the sectional or sewn molded kits. If you want a price call me or send me an e-mail and be sure to let me know you use this forum. It's the only one I offer discounts to it's users. Z man of Washingtonn 360-668-2979

1 - 3 of 3 Posts