ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting a note that I sent to Ztherapy this morning.
This is just my experience and I am not suggesting this is representative of their business.

I was greatly concerned when the business swapped hands. Others expressed similar sentiments. Therefore I am letting others know of this experience.

In the spirit fairness, I will post any response or attempt at rectifying this situation on ZTherapy's behalf.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 12:15 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Disappointed

Bruce, Steve, and Pam,

On Tuesday I called your company to order a rebuild kit for my carburetors. When ordering I specified that it was imperative that I have the kit by this weekend so that I could have the car running on Sunday. To stress this point I even further requested that I be called back that evening to ensure that the kit would be shipped in time to arrive by this weekend. That evening Bruce called me and told me that the kit would ship the next morning and arrive "No later than Saturday" via Priority mail. I accepted this, saying that as long as the kit arrived in the mail on Saturday, it would still be useful to me. There was no misunderstanding as to my deadline.

It is Saturday, and the mail has arrived. I have not received the rebuild kit from you. I understand that you have no control of the US postal service. Yet I expect that when a customer explains the need to have a part within a specific and feasible time frame that every step should be taken to ensure that customer's request.

At this point in time, I will be forced to use the rebuild kit available at the local parts store to ensure the car's functionality tomorrow. This will be an extra cost to me, and not in any way an ideal situation. Since I will only have some components available (no new nozzles or needles), I will have to reuse the old ones. Further, when I do eventually receive your kit, I will have to invest the time to rebuild the carbs again.

I have had dealings with Scott in the past. You people have a long way to go before you reach his level of support.

Sincerely,
Wayne Lousteau

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wayne,
This is in no way a vote of support for the new owners of Z Therapy. I don't know them and have not dealt with them. Unfortunately since the terrorist attacks of September 11th the USPS has slowed down considerably. It took three weeks for a package to reach me from Pennsylvania. It took two weeks for a package I sent from California to arrive in Oregon and that is only 500 miles away. If the new owners of Z Therapy did indeed send the package by Priority Mail then it is the Post Office your complaint should be directed to. Z Therapy would have had every assurance from the USPS that your package would arrive on time. Another thing to consider is that my Post Office uses a special carrier for Priority Mail and you may yet get your kit today. I myself am trying to be as patient as I can with the Post Office since after all, you have to realize that they have had more causualties then we in the military in this conflict. Assuming the anthrax thing is connected to the terrorist attacks of September 11th.
One of the main hinderances to the USPS getting the job done the way they used to is that they no longer send mail on commercial planes. They now have to route everything by ground or on transport planes.
Sorry your package didn't get to you but your complaint is with the USPS assuming that Z Therapy did as you asked and sent it Priority.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Loosetoe,

I'd have to agree with Rob on this one. Hey Rob still want to buy my 69 510? hahah just kidding.

Anyways back on the subject when it Ztherapy transfered over I talked to the new owners, and they had every intention of keeping the service up, as well as many new great ideas to expand.

But on the delay issue, I don't know if Bruce didn't send it out on time. Since the 9/11 day USPS has slowed down a great deal. I as well have noticed this. Being that I do a lot of business with them and receive a lot of packages through them. When I bought from Scott at Ztherapy he sent everything priority mail. I don't think they've changed their shipment. But also once a package never arrived, USPS had lost it. I talked to Scott and he just simply sent me another one.

Anyways my point is priorty is sometimes slow as well. It could be Ztherapy's fault, or USPS. I'm sure they are reasonable people and didn't intend for the package to be late. Keep us posted and I hope all turns out well.

zya!

Yuichi
StrictlyZ.com
ZDriver.com

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Response from Ztherapy

Folks,

Enclosed is the response from, Pam at Ztherapy.
Your responses to me are completely justified, but as Rob said "assuming that Z Therapy did as you asked". Agreed. I am just not ready to make this assumption yet.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 12:53 PM
To: Wayne Lousteau
Subject: Re: Disappointed

Wayne,

I mailed your order within 24 hrs. of receiving it. It was mailed out USPS
Priority Mail (which guarantees 2-3 days delivery) on Wednesday 12/5 (well
before closing time) I do not know what else to say.

You can be assured that I will be getting with the Postal service about
this. I, too, payed for a service that I did not receive.

Sincerely,

Pam Kirmeier
ZTherapy Inc.
[email protected]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey Rob, those injectors only had to go 300 miles from Sacto to my house in Oregon........;-) What Rob says is true, packages just don't ship very fast at all since Sept 11th. Also, amongst the 510 community if which I was a part of for over 10 years, Steve Epperly who puchased Z-Therapy, had a very good reputation of being an honest individual. If he said it shipped, I beleive him. And no, he's not a personal friend I'm trying to vouch for.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I ordered a video from Pam last week. I am in Florida. It shipped on Friday and arrived in the Mail on Monday. I'm satisfied.

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Loosetoe,
The problem is with Ztherapy's choice of carries. I'm in the publishing game and I send and receive 10 to 20 packages a week. If I'm not worried about when it gets there. I will send it USPS. If the item is time sensitive, I use the pros. "UPS or FED EX" Priority mail doesn't mean @!#$. 2-3 days my ass. I've seen things take 11 days. An their overnight is even worse. There is actually no guarantee that it will make it overnight. Thats just what they call it incase it does get there. The USPS is the worst way to send anything. An it was that way long before Sept 11. However, alot of companies use the USPS becase it is the cheepest. You get what you pay for. In my opinion, its partly Ztherapy's fault for not suggesting another carrier or asking you if for a few dollars more, sending it through UPS or Fed Ex. An partly yours for not asking to have it sent to you through a more reliable carrier. Remember, when it absolutely, positively has to be there..... Hope things worked out. Happy Holidays. Oh yeah, thanks to everyone who posts on this board. I read it all the time and it or should I say everyone on it has been very helpfull in restoring my 83 280zx. Ahh yes, One little secret. UPS 2 day: Cost less and usually gets there overnight. Take care.
Wizard

·
Registered
79 Posts
USPS vs. UPS vs. FedEx

I also agree that the problem is the choice of service. I always use US Priority Mail for any packages sent to Z Car Creations customers. It is good service and USUALLY gets there in 3 days or so. By no means would I ever rely on the USPS Priority Mail system to get something anywhere within 3 days if it was imperative. Sure, UPS or FedEx can still lose the package or be late but the odds are much lower. I have been using Priority Mail for 2 years now and usually bet on 4 day delivery. If the customer needs it sooner, I send it UPS because they are much more affordable than FedEx.
Also, IMO, UPS is a great service because every package they carry is insured for $100 automatically. If you add the extra $2 or so (that USPS charges for $100 insurance) to current USPS rates, you will find that UPS service and value are just as good as USPS standard or Priority Mail.

However, USPS is more convenient for part-time business owners because UPS incurs fees for simply having an account with them. USPS also has many more locations that packages may be shipped from. As a business owner, I would prefer to us UPS but it does not fit my needs as a part-time business owner. USPS Priority is the answer for routine shipments.

Also, as other have stated, sometimes things just don't make it on time.
If anyone wants to hear more about the USPS, UPS and FedEx debate, email me off-line. I have 7 years of experience at my full-time job, as well as 2 years with Z Car Creations, to share:)

Regards,
Craig Borden

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: USPS vs. UPS vs. FedEx

I don't think anyone mentioned this but it is the holiday season and all 9/11 stuff aside it took a package sent priority from so cal 2 weeks to get to my house in Arizona, also when i ship packages the postal workers always say "it is usually 2-3 days but not gauranteed."

·
Registered
144 Posts

I order and receive parcels everyday.Stuff happens,especially lately.probably cutting it a little close if you needed it that bad.The guy calling you back is a indication to me he is trying to run a reputable shop.
I know how frustrating it is to not to receive an important parcel,but I personally would not consider this to be "Bad Business" My 02 cents.

Good Luck

Mark

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
ummm

Hey, just because the mail system says it will be there by X time, does not mean it will be there.

I order items for "next flight out" service all the time, and they are often late. I also order stuff Next Day and it often comes the day after next.

Z therapy said they shipped it on the day they said, what more can you ask?

Perhaps you need to mail whatever shipping service you chose instead.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: ummm

I am in a business that I order tremendous amounts of merchandise daily. The factors of 9-11 and the holidays has slowed ALL forms of shipping period. Another factor is the fact that internet ordering is up 75% this holiday season. I think you should have complained to the postal service. Once it leaves their door it is basically out of there hands.
RC

·
Registered
664 Posts
No probs here from Z therapy, but its been awhile since I ordered from them.
I ordered a part from a known z dealer and it didnt show up till 8 days later.
Well low and behold, somebody in a unknown car pulled up and dropped it off
at my door. Apparently the post office delivered it to another address.
Next time use UPS where it can be tracked.
My 2¢
Ron

·
Registered
361 Posts

Simply put:

US Postal doesn't guarantee delivery date.

UPS does, with 1, 2, or 3 day services.

Loosetoe should've instructed Ztherapy to send it UPS 3-day or 2-day delivery, and pay extra for that reassurance.

ps: UPS is a private business that HAS to maintain guarantee status and service. They CAN make mistakes, but it's a rarity.

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
TRY THIS!

I used this scam for the entire time I was stationed at Chanute AFB IL!
I would send VW Gas Heater parts via Priority Mail. They guarnteed delivery in X days. Knowing full well that they did NOT arrive in that ammount of time. The problem stemmed from USPS delivery. They assume that postal routes are run TWICE daily. This is NOT the case on Rural Routes.
My stuff shipped and was supposed to be there in XXXdays, but never was. The stuff showed up in time for the PM delivery run, but since the local post office only had ONE delivery per day, it would sit on the dock overnight. The Rural Route Driver even left REFUND SLIPS with the package, knowing it didn't arrive in time promised, and HELPED with getting the refund.
I shipped stuff for SIX WHOLE MONTHS for absoutely FREE! This is little consolation, but pass it on to Z Therapy. KNOWING someone guarntees something they can't deliver makes shipping costs negligible, when you get a 100% refund.
Again, little confort, but satisfying to know you CAN screw back as hard as you get it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.