ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im trying to pull my power supply out............ allready searched and it didnt really help too much..

its the silver box (3" x 4") right aboove your right knee, and kinda behind the ignition that the dash plugs into right????

How the **** does it come out............

i cant really see it to well, and cant find any screws............. i know theres a bracket of some sort that comes off the right side and leads toward the A/C and heater controls. But it seems to stop at the sheet of metal to the left of the A/C controls and i cant feel any screws......... im lost here, someone help....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind Az-zbum's site is great.......... i found exactly what i was looking for.................. well almost exactly.......... it looks to me in the pic on bums site that the bracket on the right of the power supply is held to that metal sheet i was taking about above...... i couldnt feel a screw there last night...... and didnt see anythin on the oposite side of the sheet of metal..

ANY INFORMATION YOU COULD THROW IN WOULD BE HELPFULL........

THANKS GUYS.....

Post Edited (Jun 6, 10:13am)

·
Registered
11 Posts
two bolts holt it on, one of the passanger side of it bolted towards the radio, and one on the opposite side facing straight up. Real easy to do.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so they are bolt not screws??????........... just so i know what tools to have when i go home......

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 10mm bolt, and 1 10mm nut.. I just resoldered my old, non working power unit and replaced my working unit I get from Wild Bill. It took me about 10 minutes to trade it out.

I replaced a working one with a questionable unit because I am learning to solder and wanted to see if I could get it to work, and I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.