ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1983 280zx with the gigital dash. Unfortunetly it will only read up to 85 miles perhour even though the car is going faster than that. Is there any way to change it to read past 85 or am I stuck with 85 only. I do know it is capable of showing tripple digits on the display. I can switch it over too Kilomoters and it will read 140 Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dean Maxey

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
What you see is all you get. AFAIK there is no fix.

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is there not an overseas version, cuz I know they drive faster than that even on the kph setting...I would assume that it only goes up to the kph equivelent to 85....has anyone taken the speedo apart to see if thiers a jumper or solder trace to cut maybe.....is there a schematic for it available anywhere that anyone knows of?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an 83zx with same digital dash and only goes to 85 as you say. The topic has come up a number of times and If you want to read some past postings regarding this check out the search z-car.com under the features section of the site. Under the 70-83 portion plug in "digital dash" and it pulls up all the old stuff and may give you some more insight. In the meantime you will just have to do like the rest of us and cruise till you get to 85 and then you can just dream up any speed you want --------that is until a radar gun catches you. --------good luck

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
Simple answer:

Go to a speedo shop and get a ratio adapter. It screws in to the back of the cluster between your speedo cable. Get a 1.6:1 and keep your speedo set to the KPH. That way your "Kph" reading is now "Mph"!
They used to sell 2:1 adapters for corvettes so you would just apply a new decal that read to 170, you havethe decal built in...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.