ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have heard from dealers and owners alike the Digital Dash for the 280ZX is a pain. Too bad I found out for myself too. I am trying to find out why the following occurs and how to fix it:

When the car is OFF and the lights are ON the dash reads the current gas level, states 0 as the speed, and shows no rpm's.

Once the ignition is turned to ON, the dash turns off and remains off until i turn the car off, at which point it turns back on if the headlights are on.

Sometimes the RPM guage will show the engine coming to a complete stop, which means that it is still getting readings from the engine as well as the gas tank.

If there is anyone out there that has had this problem or knows what i can do to fix it i would greatly appreciate it if they would email me with a solution.

Thank you

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a 83' 280zx with digital dash and it does the same exact thing it even flashes on and off some times. when this happens i just knock the h*ll out of it a couple times and it usually fixes it for a month or so. just be careful not to hit too hard your worries will not be on the lights if you do

·
Registered
193 Posts
Man, you might check for a bad solder joint on the connectors or even a loose connection. I have a '83 zx and luckly havn't had that problem yet (knock on wood). but that would be the first thing I would look at if it did happen....

·
Registered
301 Posts
I got a ??? about the Digi Dash...how much of a hassel is it to instal a Digi dash where there used to be an analog one??? i have an 82 Turbo 280zx......and i jst LOVE the look of those Digi's.....adds to the appeal. If anyone can tell me how difficult or if anyone wants an Analog for trade....hit me up!

Matt

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
You will need:

The Gauge Temp Sending Unit in the thermostat housing.

The Fuel Gauge Sending Unit from the gas tank.

The wiring harness for the digital dash from the turbo car.

The digital dash will only go to 85 MPH.

But on the plus side you can convert from MPH to KPH with the push of a button.

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.