ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some problems with my head lamp switch, so I went in and fixed it, but when I put everything back the digital dash doesn't want to light up, the small distance to empty lights up, but it displays random numbers, flickering on and off, so is it that I have a bad powersupply, or that the dash in general is kaput?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
probably your power supply unit,
you can
1-send it to WildBill for $50 plus shipping and it will come back like new.
2-you can try to solder it yourself(don't ask me how, never done it so I have no clue)
or 3- buy a used one, which I have one I'll give it to you for $20 shipped. email me if you want it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My dash has done this twice,. Not random numbers but sequential numbers, like a test pattern. Try pushing in on the connector to the black box and see if that helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've actualy tried to wiggle on the connectors, and it usualy works, but for some reason this time it dosen't. I think that the powersupply might actualy be dead, biggest clue is that "crap" is painted on the top of it in yellow paint haha

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have heard that wild bill's prices are unreasonably high. I've checked into his web site and for what he's charging at the price he is doing it for is ridiculous. Repairing parts is a waste of time and money. I suggest you check out ebay. For the price he's charging, you can get 2 of in great working condition. I found a guy on ebay that is charging me $100 including shipping for a digital dash, power supply, and digital heater. Now check out wild bill's prices. For a reconditioned digital dash and power supply he wants $225 plus another 15 for shipping and on top of that he charges this: "Add 3% of total order (including shipping) for Pay Pal." This guy is boner and I suggest you stay away from him unless you are in the business of getting ripped off.

I made the mistake of buying a service manual from him off ebay. I was supposed to get a 1985-86 genuine service manual and a 85-86 cd with the service manual pdfs. All I got was the burned cd with the pdfs for $20. You can get the same Cd from anyone else on ebay for roughly 6 bucks. In his posting he shows a picture of a stack of 85 service manuals (the books). He is very misleading and an @#$%&. I contacted him via email about his shady business dealings and his response was tough luck and too bad. There was nothing even remotely genuine about this service manual. Last time I checked pirated pdfs were unathorized and illegal not to mention not genuine.

Another thing, he specializes in 84-87 300zxs but has a picture of a 90's zx on his website. Go figure. This guy is slimeball hick from missouri who loves to chew Skoal. Do a little research, find what you're looking for and save yourself a few bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.