ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a Digital Clock out there that will fit in the round opening for the original 240Z clock?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Does anyone know if there is a Digital Clock
> out there that will fit in the round opening
> for the original 240Z clock?

Try one out of a 280zx. They also have 3 holes liek the S30 cars. I'm not sure about the size, but it's just an idea. Digital is not as cool as an analog clock. But, that's up to you(I've got a BOOST/VAC gauge there). I have a analog Autometer Phantom clock in my passenger's vent hole.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Yeah there is. I found mine at a junkyard out in Wilmington-A few miles from my house, but worth the extra drive. I put it in my '71 and it works great. I wired it up so the Digital display stays on even when the ignition is off. I sometimes see people peeking in my car to see what time it is when I'm at the store or something. Oh yeah-it's a Citizen/ Japan. You might try calling Citizen to see if they still make them.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Why would anyone want to screw up their Z with a digital clock??????? Get a rebuilt one from Motorsport or anywhere....... Stock is best..

·
Registered
108 Posts

Get a QUARTZ clock from a 280z at a junkyard. I got one for my 260 and its is soooooo accurate, I'm almost never late to work!

They fit the 240 and 260.
The original mechanical Jecoo clock in the 240 and 260 gum up over the years....and they aren't very accurate. You could try having it overhauled at a local clock shop--I had it done for like fifteen bucks-- it worked but ran incredibly fast(probably the spindles wearing out and losing tolerances--that's why swiss watches have hard jewel movements).

The 280z clock face has a different font--so if you want to match the old one--you have to carefully disassemble it and transplant the old face onto the new clock. The rebuilt Motorsport jobs are operated by an external battery---cheeesy! And cost eighty bucks. I got mine from the junkyard for like fifteen dollars.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Re: How to fix Clock for a 240Z???

Don't get that digital. Here's how to fix the current one. Take it out of the car. Take it apart and gently with a Q-tip clean around all of the spindles. Careful not to leave and fuzz. Then, get a tooth pick, dip it in some three-in-one oil and apply the oil to the spindles. Next, hook the clock up to a battery and watch it run. I've never seen a bad clock motor, they just get dust in there that stop them. You should see a little plastic plug in the back of the clock housing this is the second adjustment. BE SURE to NEVER touch the little screw that adjusts the seconds. If you do, you'll have to spend a few days with the clock running in your house, making small adjustments until it's right again. Any problems you run into post another message and I will help.

> Get a QUARTZ clock from a 280z at a
> junkyard. I got one for my 260 and its is
> soooooo accurate, I'm almost never late to
> work!

> They fit the 240 and 260.
> The original mechanical Jecoo clock in the
> 240 and 260 gum up over the years....and
> they aren't very accurate. You could try
> having it overhauled at a local clock
> shop--I had it done for like fifteen bucks--
> it worked but ran incredibly fast(probably
> the spindles wearing out and losing