ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the ignition on, the check light reads OK. As soon as any lights are turned on, it glows red. Press the brake, brake light warning comes on, turn on parking lights, tail light warning comes on, and same with the headlights. All of the lights are working. What cause these warnings to appear, how does it tell if they are working or not? Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
> When I turn the ignition on, the check light
> reads OK. As soon as any lights are turned
> on, it glows red. Press the brake, brake
> light warning comes on, turn on parking
> lights, tail light warning comes on, and
> same with the headlights. All of the lights
> are working. What cause these warnings to
> appear, how does it tell if they are working
> or not? Anyone have any ideas? Any help
> would be appreciated...

maybe you have a short somewhere I know that the headlight sensor is under the hood by the overflow bottle. the taillight sensor is under the passenger seat. When you turn the ignition on it should go thru a self test and light each light on the warning display. then if everything checks out it should say ok then go off. If there is a problem with the first test it will turn red. just press the button and it should tell you whats not working right.

I hope this helps you out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
> maybe you have a short somewhere I know that
> the headlight sensor is under the hood by
> the overflow bottle. the taillight sensor is
> under the passenger seat. When you turn the
> ignition on it should go thru a self test
> and light each light on the warning display.
> then if everything checks out it should say
> ok then go off. If there is a problem with
> the first test it will turn red. just press
> the button and it should tell you whats not
> working right.

> I hope this helps you out

It does the self test and everything checks out ok. It displays 'OK' after the self test. As soon as I turn on the lights or the brake light, it changes red. What does the sensor look like? Maybe I can just bypass them somehow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
The brake/taillight sensor is under the passenger seat. It is a black plastic rectangle box with (i think an 6-8 pin connector going to it.

The headlight sensor is under the hood by the overflow bottle. it is also a black plastic rectangluar box.

I never tried it but disconnect them and see what happens.

hope this helps you out.

> It does the self test and everything checks
> out ok. It displays 'OK' after the self
> test. As soon as I turn on the lights or the
> brake light, it changes red. What does the
> sensor look like? Maybe I can just bypass
> them somehow.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top