Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Z1 ZONLY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the machine just wanted a B18 swap.

Hahahah

·
Registered
467 Posts
Re: waste

How's that for foolish. Just shooting from the hip here, brainstorming, but why doesn't the state do something like just sell the cars to dealers for low $. Then the dealers put them back in shape and sell them, or better yet, why don't they give them safety inspections, fix the fixable ones, and use them to give to the single moms on welfare trying to find a job and in need of a car?

I know a few single moms who have been party to similar programs and end up with 15 year old Oldsmibile Delta 88's. Rather have a 10 or 15 year Honda. More reliable.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Your Gov'mint at work again.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Re: waste

boZton Wrote:
> How's that for foolish. Just shooting from the hip
> here, brainstorming, but why doesn't the state do
> something like just sell the cars to dealers for
> low $. Then the dealers put them back in shape and
> sell them, or better yet, why don't they give them
> safety inspections, fix the fixable ones, and use
> them to give to the single moms on welfare trying
> to find a job and in need of a car?
>
> I know a few single moms who have been party to
> similar programs and end up with 15 year old
> Oldsmibile Delta 88's. Rather have a 10 or 15 year
> Honda. More reliable.

I was thinking along those same lines. But of course that wouldn't have gotten as many hits on youtube...

·
Registered
309 Posts
They should have had the previous owners there to watch their prized possessions being eviscerated and crushed. Maybe they would think twice before racing again (not likely but it would be entertaining to watch their reactions). I agree they might be able to take some of these things, refurbish them so they're usable as DD's and give them to those who need transportation. Some would be too costly to do so but some mildly modified ones would be cost effective I would think. Oh well, good riddance to street racing trash.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
How about the judicial system leaving the persons property alone. If it was not proven to be obtained through funds directly made from illegal activity they have no right to sieze the property. This is nothing but per police state facism. If he was envolved in street racing there should be only a fine. If the person injured someone during a street race then criminal charges can be applied with an appropiate jail sentence.

·
Super Moderator
6,412 Posts
California isn't thinking here. They should send them to another state to be sold for profit to help their deficit or do what boZton said.

·
Registered
593 Posts
WhichWayDidZgo Wrote:
> not even salvaging the wheels lol

Of course not..Those wheels can give those honda guys upwards of 50 extra HP!! ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is nothing new in California. If you street race and get in an accident or kill someone you will very likely be charged with a felony in CA. Get caught spectating at a street race in California and you could face a $1000 fine. California also confiscates cars for prostitution and drug offenses...this is nothing new.

if you really wanna see some crazy CA laws... take a look at the vehicle impound fees

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.