ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the 300z throttle body will work but what others from nissan will bolt up? Maxima, Sentra, Stanza and if they do are they a direct fit or is fabrication involved? Thanks ahead of time
Dean Maxey

Ps: I have a 83 280ZX

· Registered
992 Posts
Re: Different Throtlle Bodys?

bolting up isn't the problem with swaping the nissan throttle bodies back and forth .the z's have the lever on the side to open and close the throttle the other cars use a cable so you have to convert either the throttle body or your car. i don't know how hard it is to do or what is involved but i bet someone here knows, it's been done.
Chris

· Registered
1,047 Posts
nope, 240sx tb's are better than a 300zx tb. the 240sx tb is 10mm larger.
i know i put one on my 86 300zx had to port the intake a bit. make sure the 240sx tb is from a ka24e motor though or it won't work. they put the same motor in sentra's and a few others. check www.z31.com it will tell u al about the TB swap on the 84-89 300zx's

· Registered
4,034 Posts
yeah only difference btw 240sx and 300zxt TB is 5mm. stock 280z is 50mm with 2 inch mouth, 300zxt/300zx is 55mm with 2 3/4 mouth, and I think 240sx is 60mm with 2 3/4 mouth too. I'm using 300zxt 55mm TB with mouth hone to 70mm (ram air baby!). I'm looking for faster air flow rather than large mass of air for better response that's why I'm not using 240sx TB. This swap is not easy as just bolt on since you have to deal with AFM, TPS, and vacuum advance. (those make your car run!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.