ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jacked up the rear end of my car today to check a brake I had dragging. Turned out to be a broken bolt on the e-brake cable guide (easy enough to fix) but found another potential problem- I spun the passenger tire forward several revolutions, and the other tire never moved. I watched my driveshaft to make sure it was turning, then repeated the process on the driver's side wheel. The other wheel never budged. What do you guys think? Shelled differential? Its an 86' n/a, so has an open diff (or should- questionable history on the car). The rear pulls to the right when I hit bumps, so I'm thinking of replacing the half shafts and putting in solid bushings for the cross member and diff. Help appreciated.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My car they turn different directions but if it wont spin at all I would say that it is probably a little worn but it wont hurt nothing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. No whining or clunking, and the half shafts have no slop forward or reverse. (They fit in a little loose, slide them left to right about 1/2 and in, but thats it). Got the ebrake problem fixed and changed shocks while I was at it. Now on to the front(both tie rod ends are in bad shape and struts have visible leaks)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.