ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get a solid rear diff. mount?................................. and whats involved in changing it?????

·
Registered
880 Posts
thespecshop.com

i didnt think it was too hard, but i had a weekend and i own a shop.. good luck.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pavementpounder:

thanks for the info.
I took a quick look back there. Looks to me like you just have to remove the rear sway-bar and then drop the diff. right? And the diff. should drop enough to change the diff mount. anything else that im not seeing?

·
Registered
880 Posts
i put air bags in my springs while i did the mount swap, so im not sure if you will have to do as much as i did, but i believe i have to drop the main diff mount, obviously, then drop the two mounts up front near where the doors are.. those get replaced to. dont just replace one or the other, you have to do both. i believe once i dropped all three mounts everything just came right down.... i cant remember. there is a site on this somewhere.. do a quick search from solid rear mounts. its not that hard, just make sure ya have the tools. USE jackstands.. if your jack looses pressure i can assure you the only thing keeping your car from hitting the ground will be your body. i didnt pulled the drive shaft out, but it would probably be easier if ya did. im sure someone will fill in the blanks for me.. good luck

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so ive been looking Az-zbum's site about the solid diff. mount..... looks really easy, he says 2 hours.... My question is what will happen if i dont install the solid rear crossmember mounts and just do the diffy mount.

·
Registered
880 Posts
when your torque isnt obsorbed by all the rubber mounts, becuase one is solid, it will transfer all the torque to the two up front, and probably bust them.. i almost bought just the rear, becuase thats the one i needed, but instead i just waited another week for another check.. and bought it all at once. it only makes since, as you will already have it tore apart.. i would recommend getting it all.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hey pav how much did you pay for that blow valve, I bought the xs blow off valve and I really dont like it, yours looks pretty good would it hold 25psi?

·
Registered
880 Posts
about 100 bucks or more.. it is adjustable so i would assume it holds 25psi, also apexi describes it as a high boost high performance part... i love it

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well my car is an NA ............. not too much torque here.......... but i think ill just get them both............. Heres another question for you pavementpounder......... the rear x-member bushing, are they pressed? Or can i just slap em in?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.