ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 76 that ideals good but when i put it in gear and try to take off it starts running really bad un till about 3200 rpms.i put new cap,rotor,and plug wires,and plugs in it.the car rev up fine when there no load on it.with aload it back fire and hesitates.if i rev the car up to about 3500 rpms and let the clutch out slow it is ok till i go to shift gears.i think the car is still runing a little rich to.thanks ahead a time. freez

·
Registered
78 Posts
A couple of very nice participants to this forum helped me with this problem just a week ago. They all pointed toward the TPS (throttle position sensor. And one post added the pressure of the fuel as a delta P (differential between both sides) on the fuel filter.
My problem was a hole in the fuel line before the filter, and the TPS adjustment. I had stated that I washed the engine a week before this happened. The TPS was out of adjustment, not sure how that correlates with washing the engine? But the combination of the two were the bottom line. There are probably going to be some laughing at this as I am not sure what the theoretical analysis would be for this. I do know that those two had to affect other devices or my engine would not have ran the way it did, with those two exclusively.
Hope this helps!! Just my $.02

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.