ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hearing noise coming from my drive train. its a whirring noise most noticeable at 50-60 mph, I think it quits when i lift off the pedal. It also makes a much louder whirring noise in reverse. I dont really notice the noises at lower speeds and its the same noise in both 4th and 5th gears.

I installed a 3.90 in the rear and it was kinda slightly more difficult to turn the flanges than the 354 that I took out. It also made a lil bit of noise when rotating. did I just answer my question>? anyway, im 75% sure its coming from the rear cuz of the above mentioned things. Only 75% because it was knocking the tranny out of reverse and sometimes 4th after reassembly. Would this noise be caused by diff flange bearings that are bad? When I took the diff cover off i didnt notice any metal particles in the oil and the gears looked fine so bearings are the only thing I can think of that could be bad on the diff.

also it thumps really bad back there now, would replacing all bushings associated with it cure that?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.