ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1986 300zx and posted the "gasoline smell" question...

Thanks for the replies, guys.

There is NO leak into the vehicle from the A/C, but rather copious amounts of drainage water just ahead of the firewall, ONTO the ground. But thanks.

Regarding the "did you have the fuel injector recall done?" I don't know, and I would guess that the dealership would be reluctant to say that need to do FREE work on my Z. So, is there a way (via the VIN?) to check and see if it had been done in the past?

Thanks for the heads up answers, timely too.

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
seahunter wrote:
> There is NO leak into the vehicle from the A/C, but rather
> copious amounts of drainage water just ahead of the firewall,
> ONTO the ground. But thanks.
That's normal.

> Regarding the "did you have the fuel injector recall done?" I
> don't know, and I would guess that the dealership would be
> reluctant to say that need to do FREE work on my Z. So, is
> there a way (via the VIN?) to check and see if it had been done
> in the past?
<http://www.az-zbum.com/information.shtml>

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You should be able to call your local Nissan dealer and ask whether or not it has been serviced. If they say yes, ask when. They should be able to give you a date of service at least.

Definitely read up on AZ_ZBUMS Fuel Injector page for more information:

http://www.az-zbum.com/information.injector.recall.shtml

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
ouch! at least it was a N/A... ;-)

·
Registered
559 Posts
haha yeah :p

rawr!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I keep saying I need to get a fire exhtinguisher for the SS....

·
Registered
724 Posts
Seahunter...............Believe me when I tell you that the work is not being done for free on the injector service campaign. Granted, there is no charge to you however, the dealership will charge Nissan for the work they do correcting the injector problem. If I remember correctly, the last one I had done here in Florida on an 86 N/A that I had back in 1999 cost approximately $900.00 as the service manager was a friend of mine and he showed me the printout that was going to be sent charging Nissan for the work. So.......if it hasn't been done, there are 2 sets of people that will appreciate the injector job being accomplished.......you AND your insurance company. Good luck.

Special Ops Lives!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had my 89 done a couple of years ago...absolutely no problem.

Dealership will check VIN to make certain the job has not been done previously. I did not buy the car "new" at the dealership that did the work.

They did not charge me a penny for replacing the injectors, lines, etc.

Presto no gasoline leak...

If you are smelling gasoline you are playing roulette.

·
Registered
455 Posts
there are supposed to be red (think thats the color) tags on the fuel lines if there arent then it hasnt been done i went to the dealership popped the hood and they said i had the tag so i was fine. They might be yellow but there is an easier way than going to the dealer. CORRECT ME ON THE COLOR SOMEONE

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
it's yellow tape and it's very easy to remove. It holds together all the slack of the extra wires they ran. A lot of people under the shitty re-wire because they have connectivity issues or actually think it will improve their car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.