ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i did the timming belt and the timming is still way off and distrubutor is maxed out and i am extreamly confident i did the timming belt extreamly well ( wasent really that hard just alot of gayness to get to it)

but i still have exatly the same problem the disttibutor is all the way maxed out turning it counter clockwise

and standing in front of the car the timming lines are still left (passenger side) of the timming arrow mark thing - this is way negative correct? no advance??

i was wondering if it could be the distributor that could eb the problem?

could i just turn the littel rotor inside to change it
could i just take the distributor out and reset it in a couple of clicks the other way?
could i just be totally ****** and need to take it to a shop?

what are my options here?

Post Edited (Oct 11, 12:48pm)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Re: did timming belt timming still way off and distributor maxed

when the dampener pulley was reinstalled did you check to see if the timing marks were clocked correctly? there are six options "six bolts". set the #1 piston to tdc on the COMPRESSION stroke and look to see where the timing marks are. i'll bet the pulley will have to be unbolted from the dampener and moved to the correct position.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

cool ill check that but the car wonte even start unless the distributor is turned way clockwise and then with it maxed out clockwise it runs but runs like crap like crap

·
Registered
7,924 Posts

when the engine is at TDC of the compression stroke, you can take the distributor off, re-align the marks as indicated in the manual, and reinstall it in the center position.

·
Registered
782 Posts

Just get your #1 piston all the way up and point your distributor toward your thermostat housing.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.