Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow ManiacZ, i did a little bit of engine work today,

Fixed the split in the rubber coupling comming from the turbo into a J-Pipe

Put on a new air intake hose going from AFM into turbo

Fixed my exhaust leak ( which was really me being an idiot, didnt put gaskets on when i put the converter back on....genius...pure genius )

So i fixed some of my leaks, but still gonna put in a new Intake Manifold Gasket this weekend.

My question is this, after i put the engine back together, my temp gaudge don't work! Why is this. It flipps in and out every now and then. maybe just a loose connection? but which plug is it? Is this problem for the ECU so that it will effect my cars performance? Thanks everyone for your help and i'll keep you posted on the rebuild.

P.S. I put some Lucus Fuel treatment in, put about 7 ounces. into a full tank. You can DEFINETLY noticed the difference. If you suspect a cloged injector or any fuel component! Try this First, and ALWAYS put in a container of lucas with an oil change, best think you can do for the oil.

Matt

· Registered
35 Posts
I have an 83 and when my water pump went out and I had it replaced they screwed it up and disconnected the temp guage--------and actually connected another wire which I was unaware of. I finally figured it out and reconnected the right wire-----------it is NOT the wire coming from the bullet head bolt at the thermostat housing. I thought it was as it was not connected and found that wire is not used on a non-turbo. It was the other wire going to the temp sensor. Drove me crazy til I finally found that the wire had come loose from there. Sounds like maybe your connection is loose---------possibly this will help-----good luck!!

· Registered
69 Posts
I have a similar problem. I have a '83 non-turbo with digital dash, and the temp gauge hardly ever works. I've seen it come in once or twice, but mostly it just acts as though the engine's still cold, even after 20 min. of idle. I'm kind of confused about the coolant system--there seems to be one sensor mounted by the heater hoses, one on the thermostat, and one on the throttle chamber (I don't get it at all, but there's a tube running from the unit where the last sensor is to the coolant lines on the right side of the block.) The wire connections *look* solid for all of them.

BTW, does anyone know where I could get replacement connectors? I'm doing some major injector work, and the connectors on the EFI harness look decidedly suspect (stiff cables, cracked dust boots, etc.).

--Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.