ZCar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I couldn't leave well enough alone!
I purchased BRE front and rear spoiler for my car and am in the process of welding emblem holes and repainting the hatch.
The 72 240Z was rotisserie restored with every nut addressed. Interior steering wheel, dash and counsel were all refurbished.
I plan on selling the car sometime down the road but I love the look of the BRE add one.
Did I make a huge financial mistake applying my own taste to this car?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
994 Posts
Opinion here...any time you deviate from stock, the value is affected by the buyer's opinion. Someone who wants an original Z may not like it. For many, the spoilers are a nice add-on. One critical factor is that any mods need to be done professionally and with top quality. A poorly done mod is something to be removed and the vehicle returned to stock, and it can be a substantial deduction to value.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll post pictures of the finished product, welded and metal finished then repainted along with taking the purchased part and spending several hours making it as perfect as possible.
It will be as good as it can be done.
Been doing this kinda work for over 30 years.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I took off the emblems, the side trim, and removed the side marker lights, then added a spoiler and air dam. Since I don't plan on selling the car (I'll be buried in it, seat reclined at a comfortable angle) I don't really care about the possible value.

http://Ace240z.com/

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I plan on having the front done tomorrow and will post pics.
Almost think the Dealer option side strips may look good along with the other changes.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Don’t think you’ve affected the value a bit. Unless it was a pretty pristine version to begin with, from the looks of things you’ve probably ADDED to the value. Really wasn’t stock before the spoilers, what with the different wheels and tires, black grill and tall light surround (those things were a ‘argent grey’ before) and removal of the bumper over riders. And the color isn’t stock either. But it looks great and is in sync with what a lot of folks have done to their Z’s. Don’t worry about it. Relax and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the reply, like I had said ai haven’t restored a z before this one.
Here’s a few pictures of the bottom of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used as many NOS parts as I could get my hands on.
Car is completely rust free.
Drivers side fender was dented up and it was rosier you buy a MOS replacement then to do all the nessisay metal finish.
Here are a fee of the floors and such.
Used FatMat to help with how tinny these cars are.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need smaller fingers or a bigger phone, sorry about the spelling errors but you get what I mean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts