ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my check engine light ran today. It pulled 2 codes. First being the EGR system. Second being the Knock Sensor-B1. Any idea what would cause these to come up. The light has been on for a while now. Sometimes it would go off for a few days. It will always come on if I drive on the freeway for a couple miles or more. Car is a Cali car aswell.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Before you start replacing ...

parts you need to check the vac lines running from the Throttle Body to the EGR solenoid. Make sure it has no cracks in it. If that checks out you need to check the vac line to the EGR. Get a Handy Vac or something similar from your local auto parts store. Now disconnect the line that runs from the EGR solenoid to the EGR valve. I believe it is the middle line on the solenoid. Connect the Handy Vac to that line and using the Handy Vac see if the line holds vacuum. If not then the line has a crack in it. If so then start the engine and let it idle. Apply vac to the line and the engine should start to stall and run rough. When it does, release the vacuum and the engine should smooth out. If the engine does not smooth out after releasing the vacuum then the EGR valve either needs cleaning or replacement. You can also check the EGR solenoid by disconnecting the harness and jumping a ground and 12V power to the terminals. If the solenoid clicks it is good.
MaxDoc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.