Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

I posted a few weeks ago that I thought my MAF was going out. I checked everything over good, changed the fuel filter and pvc valve and cleaned the air filter and it was running like a jewel.

Then after driving on the interstate for 3 hours it all started up again - loss of power and missing. You can ease it up bucking and jerking past 2K rpms and it seems to straighten out but still doesn't have much power.

I pulled the ecu and ran the codes based upon my manual, but I am getting several different codes mixed around.

Supposed to be:

23, 24, 31
24, 31

I get the following codes:

23, 24, 31 (these all look okay)
23, 31, 41 (has code 23 & 41 & no code 24)
23, 31, 41, 14 (besides the correct code 14, has 23, 31 & 41 also)
31, 41 (besides the correct code 31, also has code 41)
41, 31 (neither of these codes is right, should be code 44)

The codes guide in my Haynes manual say one of them could be a fuel temperature sensor, but not sure about all of them mixed together.

Post Edited (Apr 13, 7:29am)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Code 41 is the FTS for 1985 models ansd later. I believe that code is also attached to FPS located at the same place on your Z31. The FTS will not act up like you write. Most likely, your problem might be your MAF sensor, located drivers side in the 3" ducting behind your headlight. When they go out, your ECU drops down to a failsafe motor of 2000 rpm. It'll run there to get you home but not a single rpm higher. Mine went out on my 86 n/a, NAPA $200 for a spiffy and clean rebuilt model. Took me a couple hrs to put it in. Don't forget to disconnect the neg terminal on your battery before starting the job in order to "zero" your ECU computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.