ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is like the 4th of July with the old injectors at 120K.(URR) I am thinking about buying the P1>P2 rail from them. The company said it is E-85 ready & no mod needed for $185 + the injectors they sell. Anybody have issues with this setup cause I know some of you have been running them for awhile. Should I buy the injectors from someone else? Anybody notice more power with different spray.(wishful dreaming on a NA)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
Deatschwerks injectors??

I think if you watch ebay you can find a good deal on 6 oem injectors. 2 years ago I bought 6 oem N/A injectors for 380.00 dollars brand new. I wouldn't take a chance with DW if that is what you are asking. The way you posted wasn't very clear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
I wouldn't take a chance with them either. You can search my name or MaxxAction's name for reasons why. Fuel system is not a place on the car you can get by with being cheap on. Look into JECS injectors, they were/are the OEM injector supplier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
I have them in my 92 NA and have no complaints whatsoever. Got mine from Z1 awhile back and they included everything needed to make the conversion including new wiring pigtails. You'll notice the people bashing them did not buy them as a stock replacement but were trying to get more for less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Who's bashing? Both of us said we wouldn't take the chance. Doesn't sound like bashing to me...

Being accused of trying to get more for less is laughable when it's realized that you yourself are doing just so. If you really *weren't* trying to "get more for less", you would have got OEM injectors for your 92.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
na300z said:
I have them in my 92 NA and have no complaints whatsoever. Got mine from Z1 awhile back and they included everything needed to make the conversion including new wiring pigtails. You'll notice the people bashing them did not buy them as a stock replacement but were trying to get more for less.
First...

no bashing.

Second, I just know I drove myself nuts trying to find an issue that was right in front of my face. Those POS DW injectors. As soon as I dropped the Nismos in it, voila! It ran right. DW injectors are not worth the risk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
I just replaced all six injectors plus the wiring harness with all OEM stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,250 Posts
DW injectors in my N/a with no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
87ZXTN said:
Who's bashing? Both of us said we wouldn't take the chance. Doesn't sound like bashing to me...

Being accused of trying to get more for less is laughable when it's realized that you yourself are doing just so. If you really *weren't* trying to "get more for less", you would have got OEM injectors for your 92.
Your experiences are not based on a stock replacement for an OEM part that does not handle current fuel that is more corrosive than it was when it was designed 20 years ago. If the OEM injector is such a marvel of engineering why was it changed? When all was said and done I could have replaced mine with OE injectors for about the same as the DW but chose the newer style for the increased corrosion resistance. Your problems resulted from a non-stock application that is irrelevant to the OP's question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
na300z said:
87ZXTN said:
Who's bashing? Both of us said we wouldn't take the chance. Doesn't sound like bashing to me...

Being accused of trying to get more for less is laughable when it's realized that you yourself are doing just so. If you really *weren't* trying to "get more for less", you would have got OEM injectors for your 92.
Your experiences are not based on a stock replacement for an OEM part that does not handle current fuel that is more corrosive than it was when it was designed 20 years ago. If the OEM injector is such a marvel of engineering why was it changed? When all was said and done I could have replaced mine with OE injectors for about the same as the DW but chose the newer style for the increased corrosion resistance. Your problems resulted from a non-stock application that is irrelevant to the OP's question.
ehhh...

no, wrong. E85 ready means setup far removed from stock. The injectors need to flow what, 25 to 30% greater for E85 than for high octane gas?? Not to mention that to run E85 it will be the newer style injectors anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
na300z said:
87ZXTN said:
Who's bashing? Both of us said we wouldn't take the chance. Doesn't sound like bashing to me...

Being accused of trying to get more for less is laughable when it's realized that you yourself are doing just so. If you really *weren't* trying to "get more for less", you would have got OEM injectors for your 92.
Your experiences are not based on a stock replacement for an OEM part that does not handle current fuel that is more corrosive than it was when it was designed 20 years ago. If the OEM injector is such a marvel of engineering why was it changed? When all was said and done I could have replaced mine with OE injectors for about the same as the DW but chose the newer style for the increased corrosion resistance. Your problems resulted from a non-stock application that is irrelevant to the OP's question.
I don't give a flying rat's behind if I bought the injectors to sit on a shelf and didn't like them. If I'm unhappy with how they're sitting on a shelf, I'm unhappy--period. I wouldn't recommend anybody buy those injectors to watch them sit on a shelf. I may even go so far as to make a post on here about it to tell others so they don't waste their money on their shelf-watched injectors. Get my point? No? My point is, if I have had an experience with x part on x car and someone asks about them, I'm going to tell whether good or bad. My situation was bad, as have been several (you could probably say many) others. If I can see with the naked eye the differences in the DW injectors fuel spraying holes, the situation is bad.

Nobody said the early stock injector was a marvel of engineering. Simply going from 270cc early style to 270cc late style is a non-stock application as you never had late injectors initially. Why did YOU change?

He wants to know if he should buy the injectors from someone else. I recommended JECS. Definitely "relevant to the OP's question."

I'm happy that you've had a good experience with the DW injectors, I know several others have. Getting a good set seems to be hit or miss in most cases. In the end, it's your fuel system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,911 Posts
I recall the lengthy discussions over the DW's and enough people chimed in at the time to convince me (and I know a few others) to avoid DW's, especially at the higher flow rates. That being said, I am happy for those who have had good experiences with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Don't skimp on injectors. I made that mistake once and it was very costly. I have no experience with the DW however.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,225 Posts
Comparing stock NA injectors with high flow , high power applications isn't exactly a valid comparison, i said it before just because “you” aren't having any problems with "your" NA injectors you can't assume that all DW injectors are safe, especially for higher flow, high boost applications. There are enough respected TT guys that have had problems with them to ignore it.

I couldn't comment or care less about NAs stock for stock or whatever comparisons, so you guys with the NAs that are not having problems your DWs stop “endorsing” them like it is a fair comparison…its meaningless.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top