ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems like I am havinga small problem. I have my boost set as low as it will go(5.5psi ish) and it is detonation in 2nd gear and up, all at high rpm. It will start doing it around 5500 in 2nd, 4800 in third, 4500 in forth, and around the same in fifth. I just put on a 240sx TB, but it may have been doing it a little before. I always run premium and the timing is set to 20 btdc. I also have new plugs/wires/cap/rotor and stuff. Could it be bad injectors or something? My plugs dont look really lean. Could it be my fuel pump? Im sorta clueless right now. Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
201 Posts
The knock sensor connector is not making a good connection. It's located between the oil filter and dipstick on the block. It "hears" pinging and tells the computer to set the timing back. The connectors were corroded on mine. I used round connectors meant for speaker hookups available at the auto parts store and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Put a fuel pressure gauge on the inlet side of the fuel rail. You should see 1psi of pressure per 1 lb of boost. Check it up in the high rpm ranges where it is pinging. You should not see any drop in the fuel pressure, if so you have fuel delivery problems. The knock sensor may be a problem, but they only work up to 4K on a stock system. Obviously you are running out of fuel on this one. Now if you were running high boost it would lend itself to an air charge that is to hot, or poor octane fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.